Dakota Durango Forum banner

2002 Durango RT suspension

3K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  Kevin from Calgary 
#1 ·
Hello all, I have a 2002 Durango RT that I was going to install a set of 2" shackles and do the torsion lift, when I looked at the rear leafs and axle I noticed what appears to be lift blocks. The truck doesn't seem to sit higher than other Durango 4x4s that I've seen. I was wondering if anyone had any insight if this is a stock or aftermarket setup, and if I can even do the TS lift. Thank you very much for any help.

-Eden

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
Thank you for the response, the block sits between my leafs and axle, my roommate has a Dakota RT and his rear is exact to mine minus the block, and we sit at almost an identical height from ground to fender. I just didn't want to add the shackle to it in case that'd be too much lift, if it is not a factory block then I guess it's already lifted

#7 ·
I know it's 5 years later, but I'm surprised it hasn't been pointed out that the "lift" blocks, as they are shown installed, will do absolutely nothing except stretch out the shocks and reduce clearance near the wheels. Lift blocks only work when the axle is below the leaf springs, unless you are using them to lower the suspension by placing them between the axle and the springs, if the springs are below the axles.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.