04 durango missing with p0300 code - Dodge Durango Forum and Dodge Dakota Forums
Register Home Forum Extras Website Features Timeslips Calendar Auto Loans Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Gen II Durangos 2004-2010 Dodge Durango-Specific Questions

Dakota-Durango.com is the premier Dodge Dakota Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 09-10-2010, 01:48 AM

Vehicle: 04 dodge durango st
04 durango missing with p0300 code

Hi all,
Just joined here. I have a 04 durango st 4.7 it has 93944 on the clock. All my problems happened after I got the oil changed for the first time. (i just bought it a few months ago). I went to the local oil change joint and he used amsoil oil and some random brand filter. At this time he also pointed out I needed an air filter. About two days later the cel came on. I figured 90k plus could be time for plugs so I threw in the recommended champions cleared he codes and it ran great for two days then threw a 0308 code. I swapped the coil pack with the one on 1cyl reset and 2-3 days later still got the 308. I swapped the injector from 8 to 1 and 2-3 days later same thing.

all the while the truck was running fairly normal with the CEL on. Then one night when running to convenience store it was running like crap. I parked it that night and took it to a local shop the next day. When I got there I had a 308 306 and 300 codes. He scanned it told me nothing more than I already thru WWW search. He cleared codes recommended someone and I brought it home and parked it.

Today I called the local dodge dealer asking about plugs and upon putting in my vin # into there comp she told me that there was a note saying the 'ac compressor circuit' has produced a similar problem in trucks like mine. I changed the 6 and 8 plug (pretty bad shape for only 2 wks old) cleaned and inspected all the coil top plugs (all look good) did all the work while having neg cable off.

When starting the truck the light didn't come on but still runs rough. Unplugged the ac compressor and no change. The gas is low I am going to add fresh gas tonite and see what happens. Other than that anyone have any other directions to check before I give up and pay 90 and hour to the dealer?

thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-10-2010, 01:48 AM

sorry for the crazy long thread......
Old 09-10-2010, 04:30 AM

just put a half tank of high test in it, took it for a 10 mile ride no CEL but it still has a miss. Sounds almost like an exhaust leak or a 'muffled' tap..
Old 09-11-2010, 04:02 AM
Diesel Mechanic

Vehicle: 99 Dakota 4x4
sounds like you lost a couple rockers. the 4.7l are notorious for falling off lol. esspessially being how the miss fires are on the same bank. the noise also sounds exactly like what they do when the rocker and left fall off. u have checked basically the only things it could be. its mechancal it sounds like.. time to pull the head. could be from using amsoil in an older engine... could be a coincidence as well.
Old 09-11-2010, 02:41 PM

93k on the engine.
Old 09-18-2010, 10:52 PM

i had a tech look at it and 'diag' he did compression check on that bank and said it was ok. he did a 'combustion' test running a dye through it and said it looks like head or head gasket. I picked it up drove it home. No check engine light. I cycled key anyway and it is pulling a 688 code. Anyone here ever use that head gasket stop leak stuff for a temp fix? I was quoted 2200 for head gasket and roughly 3k for engine job. Need to save some money.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Durango Forum and Dodge Dakota Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: