Installing the 2008 Intake manifold
Here is what Ive found for step by step. Of course its wrong because you bleed the fuel FIRST right? Is there any tips yall that have installed the 08? Any adapters you need besides the ones from airram? Ive searched and read a lot but everyone says installation was easy but that you've had to get a part or two but haven't specified on all parts and adapters to make this work. Ive after specifics! Does the iac connector to that big open connector on the top side of the manifold? if so will it just plug right up? if not what part did you get?
(1) Disconnect negative cable from battery.
(2) Remove resonator assembly and air inlet hose.
(3) Disconnect throttle and speed control cables.
(4) Disconnect electrical connectors for the following
components: Refer to FUEL SYSTEM for component
² Manifold Absolute Pressure (MAP) Sensor
² Intake Air Temperature (IAT) Sensor
² Throttle Position (TPS) Sensor
² Coolant Temperature (CTS) Sensor
² Idle Air Control (IAC) Motor
(5) Disconnect vapor purge hose, brake booster
hose, speed control servo hose, positive crankcase
ventilation (PCV) hose.
(6) Disconnect generator electrical connections.
(7) Disconnect air conditioning compressor electrical
(8) Disconnect left and right radio suppressor
(9) Disconnect and remove ignition coil towers.
(10) Remove top oil dipstick tube retaining bolt
and ground strap.
(11) Bleed fuel system. Refer to FUEL SYSTEM.
(12) Remove fuel rail.
(13) Remove throttle body assembly and mounting
(14) Drain cooling system below coolant temperature
level. Refer to COOLING SYSTEM.
(15) Remove the heater hoses from the engine
front cover and the heater core.
(16) Unclip and remove heater hoses and tubes
from intake manifold.
(17) Remove coolant temperature sensor. Refer to
FUEL SYSTEM reverse order of tightening sequence
(18) Remove intake manifold retaining fasteners in
reverse order of tightening sequence.
(19) Remove intake manifold.