Dakota Durango Forum banner

P0068

19K views 11 replies 3 participants last post by  Big_Texxan 
#1 ·
Just replaced the intake manifold on my 4.7L '05 Durango. Started it up, it idled at 2000 rpm and immediately started surging between that and 3000 rpm. I pulled code P0068, MAF/MAP sensor, throttle position correlation. I replaced the TPS and MAP sensors, and tried again. This time, it ran fine for 30 seconds and then started surging again. It showed the same code again, twice. My next step is going to be to check the electrical connections and search for any leaks. Is there anything else I should check, or did I miss, overlook, or just forget something?

Thanks for your help!

#2 ·
just check the electrical, and also check for the leaks... your on the right track

#3 ·
The connector from the air inductor box to the throttle body isn't the tightest. Is this enough of a leak to cause this code to pop up? I don't fully understand why it's trying to run so hard. With that code popping up, one would tend to think it would run with a low idle. I ran some diagnostics:
Throttle position: 11.7 %
RPM: 1223
Load Value: 85 %
MAP: 68 KPA
Control Module Voltage: 14.19 V

#4 ·
even the slightest leak would cause a problem, but the load value is what sticks out....another reason is that the motor could be running rich too, idk why.....there is something wrong with one of the sensors there telling the computer to do something its not supposed to be doing

#6 ·
yes it would be a very high possibility.... yes looking at the data again that would make tons of sense. The rpms match the Throttle Postision, also have you changed your O2 sensors? could also be a problem

#7 ·
Thanks for all your help! I found a sensor that had a faulty connection, so I fixed the first problem, but had another pop up in its wake. I test drove after fixing the first engine code problem (P0068), and had a P0300 and P0305 pop up. I checked the ignition coil, the spark plugs, and the injectors. I replaced the o-rings on the injectors, replaced the #5 injector, got rid of the code, but was still running a little sluggish. After 40 miles, it threw a P0305 code only. My next step is to check the electrical connectors to both the coil and injector on that cylinder, but I don't have any specs to compare my findings to. Any help with that one?

#8 ·
now is it a misfire like symptom? If so then i would check the senors in the intake and throttle body, Like MAP or MAF (not sure which one yours has) and IAT and TPS.. and yes check the electricals.

#9 ·
Ok, now I'm stuck! I'm still throwing a P0305, I changed out spark plugs, changed ignition coils, changed injector, checked all electrical connections. Everything is good to go, as far as its telling me. I'm kind of stumped now, which way to go? I'm thinking I need a compression check, but will that tell me exactly what is going on with that cylinder? Is there any test I can have someone do on this thing to find out what exactly is happening in that cylinder?

#10 ·
a compression test will check if the piston is seated right, if the valves seat right, and if the spark plug hole is snug. Are you sure its not a vacuum line?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.