Dakota Durango Forum banner

Front Shock bottom bolt size...?

40K views 18 replies 10 participants last post by  jasonlawrence1121 
#1 ·
My 01 Durango RT front left shock is not attached. I am amazed that I just noticed it. The top of the shock is connected, but the bottom is not.

Does anyone know what size bolt I need to find to reconnect it? I was looking at the right bolt and all I could make out is 109 or 10.9 or something like that.

This does explain the bouncy driving the durango has been giving.

Also, just wondering, what color shocks does everyone have? Mine are blue. Is that normal?

#5 ·
Ok... I am missing something. The shock mounting needs more then a screw and washer to attatch. What is it? Some sort of rubber? The shock mounting opening is way to big for the screw, there is no way it would stay will with out a filler of some sort.

:huh: Sorry.... Only a few more days until the repair book arrives in the mail.

#8 ·
Use loc tite on the bolts. i had to replace mine 2x before I got smart enough and loc tite'd the shock bolt. the factory shock bolt has the head of the bolt that holds the shock in. You cant find these bolts at the regular hardware store at least I never was able to find that thread pitch and style bolt. Theire only 10$. Mine hasnt come off in 2 years.
Rob

#11 ·
My Shock Mounting lower screw has snapped. I know the size/type which is M8-1.25x32.00. The problem is I cant go to a local hardware store to pick one up since I am stationed in South Korea I am force to rely on internet orders. I searched the net and cant seem to find the right site. Can someone point me to the right site?

#15 ·
10 years ago that might have helped.

• Haha
Reactions: immattj
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.