Dakota Durango Forum banner

P0320 No Crank Reference Signal at PCM

8K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  txndak4x4 
#1 ·
My truck threw a P0320 today while driving it, now its drving horrible. Where is this sonsor located and is it something i can fix on my own? I have a 4.7 by the way. Thanks guys

#2 ·
Check the camshaft position sensor and related wiring first. That sensor has a nasty habit of screwing everything up. It shares power and ground with the crankshaft postition sensor. Only the signal return wire is seperate. Even when the PCM doesn't need the CMP, it can "steal" the power and ground from the CKP and throw this light.

If all that checks out, most likely the CKP is junk, replace it.

Brian

#3 · (Edited)
Ok i looked over everything and everything checked out, now im in the process of replacing the CKP, but i cant for the life of me get it out. It will twist but will not pull out, how in the world does this thing come out? is their a special way to go about it or what? And also now im getting a P1682 and a P0700, wth?

#4 ·
There is an o-ring seal on it so you may need to pry on it to get it out. The other codes are related to the crank problem, the computer went into limp mode. Once you replace the crank sensor and erase the codes you'll be fine.

#5 ·
Ok well that makes me feel better knowing its just a limp mode, i have tried everything i can to get it out, it will pull out about 2 mm then feel like there is something catching it. I've also managed to break off the the tab that the bolts onto the block by trying to pry it out.... the location of this thing sucks, can hardly get my arm in their much less get a good angle on it. Well at least i how ill be spending my day tom. :rant:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.