Dakota Durango Forum banner

best spark plugs

20K views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  Drivernumber22 
#1 ·
this seems to be something thats "in the eye of the beholder"

I've done some research on different sites and forums and can't find a straight answer to what is the best spark plug. at this point I'd say they are all the same..i've heard all the companies praised and flamed an equal amount of times...can anyone with some experience help me out with this? I just bought some bosch +2 plugs and am a lil hesitant to put them in...some people say they were trash and some say they are the best for the r/t..

more importantly, can anyone tell me why whatever companies spark plug is best? thanks! :drive:

#5 ·
Autolite Standard Length:
OEM Heat Range: 5224
1 Step Colder: 5223
2 Steps Colder: 5222

Autolite Shorter Length:
OEM Heat Range: 3924
1 Step Colder: 3923
2 Steps Colder: 3922

NGK Standard Length:
OEM Heat Range: ZFR5F-11
1 Step Colder: ZFR6F-11
2 Steps Colder: ZFR7F-11

NGK V-Groove Plugs:
OEM Heat Range: BKR5E
1 Step Colder: BKR6E
2 Steps Colder: BKR7E

#6 ·
Champion RC12LC4. That's it, and that's all.

I've had problems with Mopar ignitions not getting along with non-OEM spark plug brands. They seem better than years ago (think 2.2/2.5) but can still cause issues once in a while.

There has never ever been proof that plug "A" will outperform plug "B" if they were both the correct heat range for the application.

#7 ·
the mag engines hate bosch. don't know exactly why but they do, have had more problems in my trucks with bosch then any other plug. the autolites work well, alot of people run the 3923s however the ngk is what to use. best thing out there.

as stated above and here below.

NGK Standard Length:
OEM Heat Range: ZFR5F-11
1 Step Colder: ZFR6F-11
2 Steps Colder: ZFR7F-11

NGK V-Groove Plugs:
OEM Heat Range: BKR5E
1 Step Colder: BKR6E
2 Steps Colder: BKR7E

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.