Dakota Durango Forum banner

PCM Reset

31K views 13 replies 5 participants last post by  VanillaXtract 
#1 ·
Hi

I have recently read a post regarding reseting the pcm to clear engine management lights. Can anyone inform me if this is correct?

Can someone point me to the location of the pcm, which connector to disconnect etc.

Many thanks

#7 ·
Don't worry about frying your PCM, it's another one of those scare tactic myths. Been resetting my PCM this way for going on 8 years with no problems. That was up until I bought the digitmoto software to clear with my laptop. That way i don't lose my adaptive learning.

#8 ·
To each their own, I certainly wasn't trying to "scare" anyone... I just use my Superchips, but resetting my clock and radio presets is well worth the effort to me if it helps avoid issues. Afterall, what is 5 minutes of my time really worth? Alot less than the hassle of ruining something. I don't see how its any different than doing any other work on your vehicle. I always remove my negative cable.

#9 ·
Depending on what radio you have and what options it has, resetting the radio functions can take awhile. Mine has station naming presets and it takes a good 30min to reset everything.

You actually remove the neg terminal when you do work on your vehicles? C'mon. If you're worried about some fool coming along and turning the key on, put it in your pocket. I, personally, prefer to listen to the radio while I work.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.