Dakota Durango Forum banner

Pics of Two Toned Dakota's?

22K views 26 replies 12 participants last post by  WraithR/T 
#1 ·
Might be the wrong forum but basically need to repaint my R/T due to a few bad spots and some jerk off keying the front fender down to the primer. Wanna two-tone it Glossy black on top and keep the bright red on the lower half but the body lines are throwing me off cuze of the front slope in the fenders and hood shape.

Any pics would be helpfull so I can find the right spot to make the split. Thanks

#2 ·
I basically used the hood/fender gap to start the red/black paint line. I do suggest that you use a painted or vinyl stripe to break up the 2 colors. I was gonna do silver myself.

Here's a photoshop photo of plans I once had for my truck:

Reactions: V8 Cowboy
#3 ·
i have a decent photoshop on my other computer. i will post it up tommorow when i get a chance.

#4 ·
You mean like this?

#5 · (Edited)
I know you are looking for the colors red and black but Ill put lot of pictures of lots of different colors to help you decide what you really what.
Here are some:

Attachments

#6 ·
More...:

Attachments

#7 ·
mas...? lol:

Attachments

#15 ·
It's the same truck!!!

#11 ·
Very cool thanks alot folks. Seem it breaks well along the hood lines. I wanna keep it red along the bottom since its already that color so less prep work in that area IE less cost.

Thanks again

#12 ·
Well how much are you looking to spend for a 2 tone paint job? I was quoted all over the place for a basic 2tone with a silver stripe like devilsdodges'. I had 4 estimates, ranged between $1100 to $5500 depending on the place I went to. You really gotta watch out who you have do the work cause they might charge you like $500 but really how good is their work? You get what you pay for when it comes to painting. Wish you the best of luck finding a quality person to do the work within a reasonable price, unless you have a good friend who paints for a living.

#13 ·
I know a guy that repaints custom hotrods....no pro shop but he knows his stuff. All I would have to do is give him abit and buy the paints.

#14 ·
I only have $350 in my two tone job, but me and my dad prepped and painted it :funny:. Most of that $350 was for a quart of red paint to paint the bumper cover and driver side fender where some idiot opened their door into it and didn't even bother to tell me. A quart of Dupont flame red was $123.

#16 ·
Anyone notice the Chevy Colorado tail lights???? :puke: What's with these mopar owners wanting to put GM parts on these trucks. It's just not right!

Reactions: V8 Cowboy
#18 ·
I didn't even see the yellow/green one- but yeah the white/blue and yellow blue are the same truck, That thing has been trashed- it's kept not to far from me somewhere. It likes to sneak into the local shows, has stuff falling apart all over the place

#19 ·
Hey wondering if anyone could do my favor...I like the Break on this truck

Could someone take that...put the Black on Top and the Flame red along the bottom. Dont wanna get into my engine bay so kinda stuck lol. Unless I really want to spend a ton for that...and I dont atm. Thanks

#24 ·
Thats the best one right there. Perfect cut of point, and good choice of color.

#21 ·
Eh your prob right...just wanted something different to set my R/T out from all the red club cab sports around here. Gets annoying when people honk at ya thinking your someone else.

#26 ·
Definintely welcome, I've been thinking of that color combo as well. Looks sick!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.