Dakota Durango Forum banner

3rd brake light (Cab brake light)

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  theguitardoctor 
#1 ·
Does anyone know the wattage of the bulb (or it's number...I think its 921 from the searches I've done) that sits in the 3rd brake light / the brake light on the back of the cab?

Also, the seal that sits around this light...can you get new ones anywhere?

cheers, Rich

#3 ·
I'm pretty sure the seal is part of the brake light housing so doubtful you'll be able to find just that piece of the brake light.

BTW, I switched from the "cargo light version" 3rd brake light to a solid red one to match my candied tail lights. In doing this I wired up all three bulbs as the brake lights. It's a trip to see all three light up red now! :biggthump

#4 ·
Thanks guys,

I picked up a couple of 921 (21W) bulbs...one to put in, one as a spare..my 3rd light has one bulb and 2 relectors...I guess I could hook something up to triple bulb it with a new lens, but it's probably not worth the hassle..!!

The seal I'm going to make out of a door frame seal (house door that is, not Dodge door !!)...it's basically the same ... one adhesive sided seal (spongey material)...the only difference is mine will have a join...not a problem, and it saves me some cash in specifc parts + shipping. :biggthump

Cheers, Rich

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.