Dakota Durango Forum banner

How much does a Club Cab R/T weigh?

10K views 16 replies 14 participants last post by  70Cuda383 
#1 ·
How much does a Club Cab R/T weigh? I'm looking to do some weight reduction. Where is a good place to get it weighed? Thanks!

JB

#6 ·
just weighed my CC RT on the scales here at work and give or take a few pounds (it only wieghs in incriments of 20 pounds) my truck no power windows or door locks, 2 10in subs in a thunderform with tw2o amps a bed full of crap a fiberglass tonnou and the 15in steel rims weighed 4600 pounds with about a half tank of gas in it. once i get it cleaned out (moving sux) ill wiegh it with the RT rims andsee how that affects it.

#7 ·
Best place to weigh is at a truck stop, cause the scales are certified. I weighed mine and in street trim with a 1/4 tank of gas and me in it I hit 4160lbs. I'll be doing some weight reduction over the winter and then I'll take it back, I want to get under 4K with me in it.

#9 ·
i think alot of the extra weight compared to the genII is in the frame imo. not much more added to the body though.

id say 4050lbs for a reg cab, and like 4500 for the CC.

#12 ·
My 99 Sport CC 2wd was 4120 with me at the rock quarry, no spare, rear bumper, jack, no hard tonneu. Who knows if their scales are accurate.

#13 ·
viperkota said:
the best place for you to start would be with the R/T wheels....arent those things like 35 pounds a piece?
62-63 with a tire on 'em. I already have a set of Bogarts for the track, shaves 135lbs of rotating weight off :biggthump But I want to be under 4000lbs in street trim, and then put the Bogarts on ;)

#14 ·
bad360rt said:
62-63 with a tire on 'em. I already have a set of Bogarts for the track, shaves 135lbs of rotating weight off :biggthump But I want to be under 4000lbs in street trim, and then put the Bogarts on ;)

Wait your truck is red........ :slap: I always thought it was black

#16 ·
bad360rt said:
LOL It looks dark in my sig pic, but yup, she's red :D

Never would have guessed. LOL

#17 ·
Yellow318 said:
Wait your truck is red........ :slap: I always thought it was black

those "bogarts" look good...got a source I can look them up at? they're still 6 lugs? or did you convert to 5?

my V6 club cab weighs 4,000 with me in it and a half tank of gas. so drain the tank and take me out, you'll be looking at a 3700 lb truck. but If I'm just pulling out of the gas station, I'm tipping in at 4100-4200 lbs.

one way to simulate a weight reduction is to move your battery to the bed, this moves probably 45lbs off the nose of the truck, and moves it back to the rear where it's over the tires to help with weight transfer on launch as well as traction.

the easiest way to reduce weight is to remove the spare, jack, tail gate and all unnessecary items out of the truck, and only race with a 1/4 tank of gas.

although removing the tailgate will affect your aero on the big end, and might negate any gains. the tail gate actually helps to keep the air smooth as it goes up and over your truck, but by removing it, the air drops down sooner, and the sides of the bed creates turbulance behind the truck...which in turn slows you down.

this is why the folks who drop their tailgate/remove tailgate on roadtrips don't really see much gain compared to the folks who put a toneau cover on their trucks.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.