Dakota Durango Forum banner

Pic request, 97-99 kota filler neck

7K views 16 replies 7 participants last post by  victor123 
#1 ·
Could someone get me a pic of their non-Cali emissions truck's fuel filler neck/lines from the tank to the base of the filler neck??

I have to replace the fuel filler neck on my 98 Dakota, and according to the dealer and the last 9 of my vin, I have a truck with California emissions. The dealer says the fuel filler neck is different than those with normal emissions although all the ones I see online for sale look just like mine. On mine it appears that the rubber section from the filler to the tank is actually crimped on to the neck and has quick disconnects at the tank for the vent and fill tubes. I thought on all my other daks that the rubber parts were just hose clamped on, but could be mistaken. Some help would be appreciated! I bought one from amautoparts on ebay that listed as 97-99 dakota (excl. 99 with california emissions). it said nothing about 98's with cali emissions, so i figured hell with it, I can probably make this one work if I have to.

#4 ·
thanks man, that's helpin. It looks so far just like the one I have... other than the fact that yours isn't crumbling into pieces when the wind blows the wrong way lol. Do you happen to remember if the rubber hoses are clamped or crimped onto the steel neck?

#5 ·
I want to say they were clamped, like big ass hose clamps. But I'm not 100% on that. This was my last Dakota, I don't have it anymore, so it's not still tore apart in the driveway where I could just walk out and check it.

#13 ·
I just did the water pump in mine, too. Worst part about that is the top 1" hose thats buried underneath the accessory drive bracket. Shitty part about mine is the pump was almost new looking at the fins, but the seal went out and was leaking out the weep hole so I had no choice.

#12 ·
Well, got it in. I had to carefully cut away the outter crimp rings and remove the hose from what was left of the original filler neck. On mine, it looked like the tubes were a little long anyway, so I cut about an inch off each hose, leaving enough of the flat part to hose clamp around. I slid the hoses on the metal tubes and left them loose, installed the upper flange with the screws, then clipped the tubes back into the tank. I then took and adjusted the hoses to where they weren't too stretched, but not too loose, and had plenty of meat to clamp on. She's good to go now.

#15 ·
Yoooooo 6shooter will be ordering the pipe tonight but was wondering how you gently removed the crimpted clamp... does the two hoses as they got to the tank can they be simply unscrewed they both turn and the smaller w/ a clicking sound and the other main moves somewhat easy... should I attempt to unscrew them to more gingerly take of the crimp? Or anyone else care to reply eh?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.