Dakota Durango Forum banner

2000 Durango SLT Tire Size

41K views 16 replies 9 participants last post by  Rebel13 
#1 · (Edited)
Picked up a 2000 Durango SLT the other day. Not sure what tire size to get. The door sticker says "P235/75/R15LT" and that is what it has on it right now with factory alloy rims. But I noticed the spare underneath is a Goodyear Wrangler R/TS, 10.5x31.50R15, also on a matching alloy rim (little tread wear, if any).

Not sure but while my wife was following me home in the Intrepid she thought I was going a little slow. I had set the cruise at 65 mph and she thought I was only going 61-62 mph.

Is there a way to find out exactly what tire I should be using on this rig? Maybe by the rim size? Any ideas? I need new tires ASAP.

2000 Dodge Durango SLT
5.9 Magnum, auto w/OD, 3:55 suregrip (rear).

#3 ·
#4 ·
Thanks for the link!

Was just trying to find out what tire size actually came with this Durango. Even though the door sticker says P235/75/R15LT, I'm thinking with the like-new 31x10.50 Wrangler R/TS spare in the back, that is what it came with.

Not sure, either way I am going for new rubber tomorrow, probably 31x10.50s. :D

#5 · (Edited)
Just a guess:
235 - SLT Overall diameter is 29"
31X10 - 4X4 Overall diameter is 30.4"
255 - R/T

The different diameter will affect the speedo (I think)

#6 ·
The door sticker reflects the standard size which was a 235. Most came with the optional 31x10.5

(Kota62, The Durango R/T size was 275/60/17)

#7 ·
(Kota62, The Durango R/T size was 275/60/17)

Thinking about it, that does make sense...
Got caught up in the info on tirerack
appreciate the heads-up
Gary

#8 ·
I've got the 15" stock rims also and am wondering what is the max safe tire size I can get while sticking with the 15" rim, and not having to do any trimming in the wheel well?

I should also note, I'm dropping the Durango just a bit as it seems I have a lot of room in between the stock tires (23575R15) and the top of the wells..

Any and all comments apprecaited!

#9 ·
31x10.5 r15 on my 99slt

#12 ·
If you have a 4X4, then 31X10.50's are more correct and came stock. Those stickers do become wrong from time to time. Sounds like whoever replaced the tires wentt with what was on the sticker and not the original tire size. That would be the reason for you reading slower then actual!

#13 ·
I wouldn't believe the sticker either. My truck came with the 16" tire package but the door sticker only lists the 235-75R15.

You may be able to get a build sheet from Dodge to see what it came with.:huh:

#15 ·
Just got my 31's installed this morning and man.. they RAWK!

Hilarious up here in Canada at the moment. Everything is sold out or on back-order, because Quebec has just passed a law mandating snow tires in the winter. I got lucky and found 2 stores with a full set of my size, the closest one only 15 mins from my house, so I made an 8am appointment today.

Anyhow, thanks all for the suggestions. These tires are wicked. :)

Reactions: Rebel13
#17 ·
Good Deal!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.