Dakota Durango Forum banner

Interior trim removal

4K views 15 replies 4 participants last post by  Wild_West 
#1 ·
Does anyone have any idea how you remove the trim piece where the 4x4 stick is? I want to remove my carpet but at the same time i dont want to break anything lol.

#2 · (Edited)
#4 ·
sweet how tough is it to undo the seats is it two seconds from there once the seats are gone? I have ext cab so is there carpet under the back seat trays?

#5 ·
Surprisingly when i got to the point of pulling the carpet in the back it was only tucking under that back seat tray about an inch, so all I had to do was pull the carpet out and not worry about removing the trays, and it was easy to put back in all that I had to do was wiggle the carpet back and forth to get it back under the trays

#6 ·
cool well, i know what my weekend project will be. Order my new black carpet asap, prolly going to install myself! Then itll be time to install my subwoofer and maybe cover the carpet material on the door panel!

#7 ·
right on man, one thing about these trucks is that they are pretty easy to take apart, well most of the time, i recently changed all the upper light gray on my qc to color matching dark slate, headliner i changed to black, plenty more project on the way

#8 ·
one more question, does anyone know how to remove the handle on the 4x4 stick or can i leave that and still remove and install with it on?

#9 ·
I think you can leave the handle on, I can't quite remember its been a couple years since I've had the truck, but I think once you go and take the leather/plastic part around the base of the shifter you can get everything out without taking the shifter apart

#10 ·
Okay cool thanks commeeche, right after i get out of Art History ( BAAAARRRFFFF ) I'm starting this project!!! Dont have the new carpet yet but i need to make sure theres nothing else possibly leaking for awhile but I also plan on getting my sub installed today WOOT! I'm real excited for this project.

#11 ·
If you want/need to take the shift nob off, the little plastic peice in the middle that has the 2hi 4hi n 4lo on it pops right out and then there is a nut inside but I dont remember what size it is.

#12 ·
and if you are checking for leaks, check the rear windows, my 97 the passenger side rear window was leaking and it turned out the weather stripping started to rot and it was leaking from down at the bottom, whenever it leaked it would go and puddle up under the passenger floormat

#13 ·
how do you remove the clip on the 4x4 console? i got bolts off no idea of how to remove the clip

#14 ·
Carpet is all out!! just going to be rolling with my floor panels for awhile! Until i decide on carpet. Installing the subwoofer now. Ill have pics up later tonight! Thank you guys for all the help and assistance it sure did help!

#16 ·
im ordering a new carpet! but i dont mind the no carpet lol itd be nice to just have those husky floor liners and thats it buut i dont wanna be to ghetto!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.