Dakota Durango Forum banner

Subs in a Regular Cab

5K views 25 replies 6 participants last post by  Leadfootluke 
#1 · (Edited)
I just put infinity speakers and tweeters in my regular cab dakota. Now I have way too much on the high end even with treble adjusted down. Ive been wanting to put subs in ever since I got the truck. I just thought there wasnt enough room for them. Does anybody have pictures and dimensions of a box for 10" subs that would fit in a regular cab? Because of the limited space Obviously a sub with a huge magnet wouldnt work out. So are there any shallower sitting subs that you guys would recommend?

#7 ·
If you got money to spend, JL has an EXTREMELY low profile 13"

2.5" depth, and only needs 0.8 ft^3 in a sealed box. You'd be able to sit without your knees in the steering wheel, your seat just about all the way back!

Edit: what was I thinking, not including a link? http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_15350_JL+Audio+13TW5-3.html

#8 ·
0.8 ft^3 actually would take up a lot of space behind the seat of a RC.

You could put in a couple quality 8's and make it just as loud as any normal sized big magnet sub. :)

Or you could be crazy like me...bahaha

Left: (2) 0.64 ft^3 sealed with a Infinity 12", abused on 450 watts.

Right: new box, 1.59 ft^3 @ 38 Hz with one 10" that'll be seeing 900 watts. :stirthepo

#19 ·
My bad, my math wasn't right.. I don't know what I was doing with cubic root o_O

Anyways, yeah, I see what you're saying. The box would have to be over 2 feet wide.
Regardless, it's still only 3 inches thick. Personally, I'd prefer it.. but that's just me.

#24 ·
It sounded good and was fun. Yeah I worried about people seeing it and wanting to break in. I was going to finish remaking the center console it wouldn't be seen at all, but then I bought my R/T. The black truck quickly took the back seat, and I eventually sold it.

#26 ·
I have thought about adding a sub several times. I would like to make a custom box where the middle seat is since I have the 40/20/40 bucket seat and can remove just the middle seat.

This is before cleaning the carpet beyond the vacuum.

There appears to be enough room to create a custom box with a downfiring 8" or rearfiring 10" like in the previous posts.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.