Dakota Durango Forum banner

PDR touch up paint issues

6K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  rtgrouchman 
#1 ·
hey everyone,

first post so go easy on me,

My truck is the graphite metallic, color code PDR.. i went through an online color matching company to mix up some spray. It came out a little too dark, so i tried the Duplicolor NC414, a little too light..

My 2 questions are..

Anyone find a good company to mix for this color?
after wet sanding the scratches smooth, i noticed the color actually came out and the scratch was filled with a dark grey/black color rather then the graphite color.... even after clear and buffing..

It is not very noticeable but I have a few major repair jobs that will be more noticable. any input would help.

I appreciate it, thanks!

#4 ·
IMO, no matter what you try, unless the shop has your truck there to paint match, the color will never be an exact match. This is really evident in the SY and BW trucks where a lot of times the flares and bumpers are a slightly different shade than the rest of the truck because they are painted at different times in the manufacturing process. I have some Mopar touch up paint for my BW truck that doesn't match at all. It's a lot whiter of a white.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.