Dakota Durango Forum banner

max boost on 5.2?

11K views 42 replies 9 participants last post by  Blue 12 
#1 ·
hey guys, on a stock 5.2 magnum, what is the max amount of boost i can run on 91 octane? also how much timing retard is required as well as what AFR? does it matter if the boost if from a turbo or super charger?(i think im set on a turbo though) how much more boost or timing can be run with an air to air intercooler?
thx!

#3 ·
cool, i didnt think so.
so if i were to run an IC i would measure the boost pressure after the IC?(or that 6-8 psi would be 3-6 psi)

#7 ·
lol....

im actually going to be using MS to control fuel and ign. what size injectors should i be using with normal fuel pressure and will the stock pump flow enough volume?

#13 ·
if you buy a replacement in tank pump, why not just get one big enough to avoid buying an inline pump??

MS can retard as much timing as i want

#20 ·
ok, thx guys. so if theres enough flow, and about 50 psi or so of fuel pressure, how large would my injectors need to be to run 8psi of boost?

#21 ·
you can run 19lbs if you have it tuned right. i moved to 24s. you want the fuel pressure to increase with boost to add more fuel for the increase in air. i know with mine i retard .5 degree of timing per lb of boost but i run 93 and a FMU. if i remember correctly at 10psi i am pushing 100psi of fuel pressure

#24 ·
thx Duner, as far as getting big injectors, i was told stock injectors from a ford lightning or cobra are a good cheap way to get big ones? i think they are 39 or 42 #. are they a direct fit?
blwn318. i think you are thinking about just raising fuel pressure to tune for boost, not actually tuning a fuel map for boost by changing the pulse widths of the injectors

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.