Dakota Durango Forum banner

Factory HU and amp wire colors

33K views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  Dakota2001Dodge 
#1 ·
It took a ton of searching, but I found the wire color chart/pinout for both head unit and the amp output for 97 (through 99?) factory infinity systems. Figured others might find it usefull... Maybe have a sticky for stock wiring info? I'll post it up when I get home this evening.

#2 ·
The external Infinity amplifier is mounted behind the passenger side kick panel. It has (2) connector's. In this text they are labeled C1 which is the 14 pin connector, and C2 which is the 10 pin connector, as they are labeled in the dodge service manual drawings. "Right" is the passenger side.

Connections at the amplifier:
C1 (Amplifier Power, Ground, and Outputs to the Speakers):
C1-1 DG/WT <--- Fuse Panel - C6-3 Fuse 4, 15A
C1-2 DG/WT <--- Fuse Panel - C6-3 Fuse 4, 15A
C1-3 No Connection
C1-4 LG/VT ---> Left Front +
C1-5 TN/VT ---> Right Rear +
C1-6 WT/RD ---> Left Rear +
C1-7 <---> Ground
C1-8 <---> Ground
C1-9 No Connection
C1-10 LB/DG ---> Right Front --
C1-11 LB/RD ---> Right Front +
C1-12 LG/DG ---> Left Front --
C1-13 TN/DG ---> Right Rear --
C1-14 WT/BK ---> Left Rear --

C2 (Amplifier Remote On/Off, Speaker Line Inputs from HU):
C2-1 BR/RD <--- Left Front --
C2-2 DB/RD <--- Right Front --
C2-3 DB/OR <--- Right Rear --
C2-4 DG/RD <--- Remote Amp On/Off
C2-5 DG <--- Left Front +
C2-6 VT <--- Right Front +
C2-7 BR/YL <--- Left Rear +
C2-8 BR/LB <--- Left Rear --
C2-9 DB/WT <--- Right Rear +
C2-10 No Connection

Speaker Connections, (at the speaker):
RightFront + <--> LB/RD
RightFront -- <--> LB/BK
RightFrontTweeter + <---> LB/RD
RightFrontTweerer -- <---> LB/BK

LeftFront + <---> LG/VT
LeftFront -- <---> LG/DG
LeftFrontTweeter + <---> LG/VT
LeftFrontTweeter -- <---> LG/DG

RightRear + <---> DB/WT
RightRear -- <---> DB/OR

LeftRear + <---> BR/YL
LeftRear -- <---> BR/LB

Legend:
C#-# Connector and pin number.
<---> Connector
<--- Input
---> Output
+ Positive
-- Negative

Color Codes:
WT = White
BK = Black
BR = Brown
DB = DarkBlue
RD = Red
OR = Orange
DG = DarkGreen
VT = Violet
YL = Yellow
LB = LightBlue

I pulled this off another forum I had to dig through. That was a while ago and I can't seem to find it again to give credit. The guy did mention he was colorblind but 95% of the colors are correct, and the others are close enough that you can't realy confuse it with another wire. IE one marked red might realy be more violet.

#4 ·
I don't want to sound like I'm attacking or anything but,

"somewhere" isn't very helpful. I've now looked through the forums I'd think it would be in, and used the search tool. Sofar nothing.

It's useless unless it can be easily found. That's why I'm a fan of having stickys with all this basic info.

#5 ·
I couldn't find it on this site either. And that stupid 15 second wait between searches soon ended my indeavor. I found one online for a 2000, 2001, and 2004, but nothing for 97-99 yet.

#6 ·
It's give and take. if they didn't put a time cap on it, the server would get nuked with search requests. 15 second's is pretty low compared to other forums I've been on.

#8 ·
This will come in handy. My amplifier was removed from my truck and I need to find another one and the wiring connectors. Trying to revert back to the stock infinity system.

#13 ·
wow $30 is a little steep. but I was looking for something exactly like that for quite some time since I was having so much difficulty finding the pinout. I couldn't believe the other "bypass" kits just gave you a bunch of wire to go directly from the HU to the speakers.

in the end I found this info and cut n soldered the wires myself.

...all Info I find lists 97-99 and 00-04 as different setups. maybe there was a mid year change or something.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.