Dakota Durango Forum banner

Transmission Vibration In Overdrive

4K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  neromo4 
#1 ·
I have a vibration that starts exactaly when the overdrive kicks in. Its a very low sounding vibration like someone has the bass turned up. When I turn off overdrive, it stops, and when I turn it back on, the vibration comes back. The trans has about 7 grand on it, and the vibration just recently started. Trans fluid is good, and at the proper level. Driveshaft is balanced, and front diff bearing is tight. Also, the trans mount is good. Can someone help me out or suggest some things please.

2002 v6 3.9 dakota sxt 42re 7k

#2 ·
Hmmm I assume u-joints are fresh? You check for play? Though honestly if only going on in OD without change in speed and only RPMs, then I'd say something inside the tranny.

My Bronco does the same in OD between 71-76 mph. A bad shudder, but gives off a low vibration. My Bronco been doing that for the last 2 or so years...

#4 ·
Sounds like an internal deal, did you replace the bands and clutches, assuming you did. Do these use bands for OD? If so maybe tighten the band?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.