How to disarm the alarm [Archive] - Dakota Durango Forum

: How to disarm the alarm

lappy6666
09-25-2005, 08:41 PM
I put a remote starter in my 2000 Durango. How can i disarm the original car alarm? It disarms with open the doors, how can i do it with locked doors?

Jens

P Y E
09-25-2005, 11:17 PM
Mind if i ask why you want it disarmed?

If your alarm goes off when you remote start it....then just unlock your doors, then start it.

Ninjaboy
09-25-2005, 11:33 PM
on the system that i had on my vw, the remote starter would start the car then lock it automatically. i don't know if all of the remote starters would do that, but it aided in security.

Silver R/T Dak
09-26-2005, 01:41 AM
There Is A Factory Alarm Disarm Wire In The Drivers Kick. That Way You Dont Have To Unlock The Doors Before Remote Starting. I Will Post The Wire Color In The AM. What Type Of Alarm Is It?

lappy6666
09-26-2005, 07:51 AM
It is the original from the manufacturer.

lappy6666
09-26-2005, 07:55 AM
It is the original from the manufacturer.

And I have installed a Design tech 25522 remote starter. Now i have added a additional Phone modul to start the car from far away without opening the doors. The remote starter module has a output to disarm the factory alarm, i only need to find the wire in the car.

Silver R/T Dak
09-26-2005, 02:38 PM
And I have installed a Design tech 25522 remote starter. Now i have added a additional Phone modul to start the car from far away without opening the doors. The remote starter module has a output to disarm the factory alarm, i only need to find the wire in the car.

All You Have To Do Is Pulse The Lock/Unlock ( 1 Wire Door Locks) Wire 1 Time. It Is Light Green/ Orange Stripe In Drivers Kick Panel. The Wire Is Located In A Black Plug To The Right Of The Parking Brake. Make Sure That The Pulse That You Send To This Wire Is Negative. The Designtech Alarm Should Be Set Up To Do This Out Of The Box. Hope This Helps.

JM

ngsm13
09-26-2005, 06:11 PM
All You Have To Do Is Pulse The Lock/Unlock ( 1 Wire Door Locks) Wire 1 Time. It Is Light Green/ Orange Stripe In Drivers Kick Panel. The Wire Is Located In A Black Plug To The Right Of The Parking Brake. Make Sure That The Pulse That You Send To This Wire Is Negative. The Designtech Alarm Should Be Set Up To Do This Out Of The Box. Hope This Helps.

JM

Yup, that's one way.

I'm not as familiar with the designtech module. I work with DEI products, and we always use a bypass where we hide a key (cuz the keys now-a-days are embedded with a small chip) near the ignition to utilize the remote start.

NG

lappy6666
09-26-2005, 06:34 PM

JM

but this will unlock the driver door also?

Jens :help:

Silver R/T Dak
09-26-2005, 09:14 PM
but this will unlock the driver door also?

Jens :help:

No Because The Output Doesnt Have The Proper Resistance To Tell The ECU To Unlock The Doors. That Vehicle Has 1 Wire Door Locks That Are Multiplexing Locks. You Must Put Resistors Inline On The Output Of Your Alarm To Tell The ECU What To Do. Long Story Short NO IT WILL NOT.

JM

Ninjaboy
09-27-2005, 12:12 AM
not to be off subject, but the capitalizing every first letter of every word is almost annoying. sorry, maybe it's just me. i never even use capital letters. back on subject, you seem to have the answer to his problem. :biggthump

lappy6666
09-27-2005, 05:41 PM
No Because The Output Doesnt Have The Proper Resistance To Tell The ECU To Unlock The Doors. That Vehicle Has 1 Wire Door Locks That Are Multiplexing Locks. You Must Put Resistors Inline On The Output Of Your Alarm To Tell The ECU What To Do. Long Story Short NO IT WILL NOT.

JM
I will look in to it tomorrow, the electrician is still fighting with the car :-)

Jens

lappy6666
09-28-2005, 08:52 AM

JM
It does not work. I think also i have 2 wires for the doorlocks. It is a 2000 Durango 5.9 Middle east version, maybe it is different. One neg. Pulse to the green/orange wire and nothing, the alarm is still on. Any other ideas?? Inside the manual from the remotestarter is mentionend "some newer models maybe require a resistor to disarm"

Jens :help: :help:

DCEnterprise
08-08-2011, 04:53 AM
What do you guys mean a "pulse"??? I have the same issue going on with my Durango, the SECURITY light blinks, alarm goes off (honks and flashes lights) and you cant turned the engine. PLEASE HELP!!!

TazRango
08-08-2011, 05:21 AM
What year is this? The remote starter should have a 'Factory Disarm' wire. If this is the 98 or 99, you simply splice the factory disarm lead to the green wire with the orange stripe at the big black connector near the driver's kick panel (left of the e-brake pedal). This should only require a single pulse to disarm (one of the settings in the remote start). If it is an 00 or newer, it's a different wire and it requires a resistor.

It's great that you used the search feature, but for future reference, next time you should start your own thread rather than bump one that's almost 6 years old. Just makes things easier. ;)