codes p0753,p0351,p0433 [Archive] - Dakota Durango Forum

: codes p0753,p0351,p0433

melvin408
08-27-2009, 02:10 AM
hey guys i have a 99 dakota r/t.just put a supercharged 408 in it.iam getting three codes p0753,p0351,p0433.will any of these codes make it go in limp mode because it wont even rev over 3k.thanks mel

melvin408
08-27-2009, 05:16 AM
:anyone:

melvin408
08-27-2009, 12:56 PM
nobody?

BPKOTA98
08-27-2009, 01:50 PM
hey guys i have a 99 dakota r/t.just put a supercharged 408 in it.iam getting three codes p0753,p0351,p0433.will any of these codes make it go in limp mode because it wont even rev over 3k.thanks mel

P0753- 3-4 shift solenoid code
p0351- asd relay
NO P0433 -
P0443- Purge Solenoid @ the canister.

Check all your wiring to the transmission & the asd relay. Make sure you got all your grounds conected & did not pinch any wires.

Grapejuice1998
08-27-2009, 02:14 PM

I would check all of the grounds first. Mainly the ones that go to the front of the motor, to the right of the water pump.

melvin408
08-28-2009, 04:39 AM
ok thanks guys.ill ck all that this weekend an let yall know what happens.

melvin408
08-30-2009, 07:56 PM
ok guys i ck all the grounds an wires an relays all were good from what i can tell.an i reset the computer an all codes poped back up.someone toll me the pcm might be bad but i dont think that it would be.any suggestions.:rant:

melvin408
09-03-2009, 02:49 AM
:anyone:

melvin408
09-04-2009, 03:53 AM
is there any way to tell if the pcm is bad?

melvin408
09-05-2009, 03:13 PM
come on someone had to have this problem before. {help please} i do not want to take it to the steallership.thanks mel

l1tech
09-05-2009, 04:19 PM
On your setup I would actually have to be there to see exactly how everything has been hooked up being that you are running a superchaged 408. You can forget the dealership because once they open the hood they are just gonna close it and tell you to have a nice day. You say it won't rev past 3000, is that while driving or just sitting there?

Harley
09-05-2009, 05:56 PM
Did some research for ya and this is what I found. Just note that this information is the result of my research and not from my experience.
Anyway--Hope this helps.

PO753 Sounds like a circuit short. One suggested getting a test light and disconnecting the wire harness at both ends. Hook the light to a positive power source and check each wire. If the light comes on you have a direct short to ground, just confirm that the wire is not a ground before attempting repair.

P0351 is for your ignition coil primary circuits. P0351 is for coil #1 and P0353 is for coil #3. There is a lack of voltage on the coil primary side. Check the terminals from the PCM to your Coil.

***Now I found pretty much the same explanation for code P0433 and P0443on two differnt webistes.****

P0433-EVAP Canister Purge Control Valve and Solenoid Valve Circuit. This malfunction is detected when one of two things happens. Type A Malfunction is detected when an improper voltage signal is sent to the PCM through the Solenoid Valve circuit, and Type B malfunction is detected when the EVAP Canister Purge Control Valve does not operate properly and is stuck open. Keep in mind the Canister Purge Control Valve is a mechanical, vacuum operated valve, not electrically operated.

Possible Causes:
For Malfunction Type A
-Harness or Connectors (The Solenoid Valve circuit is open or shorted)
-EVAP Canister Purge Control Solenoid Valve
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - OR - - - - - - - - - - - - -
For Malfunction Type B
-EVAP Canister Purge Control Valve
-EVAP Canister Purge Control Solenoid Valve
-Vacuum Hoses clogged or disconnected
-EVAP control system Pressure Sensor

P0443- The Evaporative Emissions System (EVAP) allows fumes from the gas tank to enter the engine to be burned, rather than vented into the atmosphere as an emission. The purge valve solenoid is supplied switched battery voltage. The PCM controls the valve by operating the ground circuit, opening the purge valve at specific times allowing these gasses to enter the engine. The PCM monitors the ground circuit as well, watching for faults. When the purge solenoid isn't activated, the PCM should see a high voltage on the ground circuit. When the solenoid is activated, the PCM should see the ground voltage pulled low, close to zero. If the PCM doesn't see these expected voltages, or senses an open in the circuit, this code is set.

Possible solution

1. Using a scan tool, command the purge solenoid to activate. Listen or feel for a clicking coming from the purge solenoid. It should click once, or on some models it may click repeatedly.

2. If it doesn't click with scan tool activation, unplug the connector and examing the solenoid and connector for damage, water, etc. Then check for battery voltage on the feed wire with the key on. If you have battery voltage, then ground the control side manually using a jumper wire and see if the valve clicks. If it does, then you know the solenoid is working properly but there is a problem with the control circuit. If it doesn't click when you manually ground it, replace the purge solenoid.

3. To check for a problem on the control circuit (if the solenoid tests okay and you have voltage to the solenoid) plug the solenoid back in and remove the control circuit (ground) wire from the PCM connector (If you're unsure how to do this, do not attempt). With the ground wire removed from the PCM, turn the key on and then manually ground the Purge valve control wire. The solenoid should click. If it does, then you know there is no problem with the control wire to the solenoid and there is a problem with the PCM purge solenoid driver circuit in the PCM. You'll need a new PCM. However if it doesn't click, then there must be an open in the wiring between the PCM and and the solenoid. You must find it and repair it.

Harley
09-05-2009, 06:04 PM
After doing this research, everything seems to be pointing to the PCM. You just might have a bad PCM that needs replaced. Good luck

melvin408
09-05-2009, 09:43 PM
thanks alot for the research guys.iam going to mess with it tomorrow.if in park it dont rev pass 3000, not all the time just sometimes.thanks again mel

Grapejuice1998
09-05-2009, 10:06 PM
thanks alot for the research guys.iam going to mess with it tomorrow.if in park it dont rev pass 3000, not all the time just sometimes.thanks again mel

That sounds like the MAP sensor to me. Make sure it's plugged in and/or wired right if you're running a different kind.

The 0351 is probably an MSD code. You have to run the "tach adapter".

broncocpa
10-01-2009, 07:03 PM
I did not have the error code P0443 until I replaced my PCM. (I replaced it to solve a different problem - vehicle dying in hot temperatures and displaying "no bus" in the odometer). However, when I replaced my PCM the P0443 code came up right away and came back after the reset.

pileit1
10-01-2009, 09:05 PM
I have a 98 Dakota 3.9 and I also have a PO443 code that will not go away. One scanner I used said "EVAP Emission Control System Purge Valve Solenoid fault". I am watching this thread hoping someone can disclose a fix. I will post here if I manage to figure it out.

There is a wealth of information on this forum. KUDOS to all who contribute!

BPKOTA98
10-01-2009, 09:45 PM
Have either one of you guys added anything into the interior fuse box? I added some lights in one time and tapped into the fuse box inside the truck and I got the same code.

pileit1
10-01-2009, 10:19 PM
I've replaced a couple of fuses but nothing added that wasn't already there.

pileit1
11-09-2009, 11:49 PM
I have a 98 DAK that I bought in May. Not long after I got it, the check engine light came on, showing P0443. I have been searching, as many of you have, for a solution.

Well, a few days ago I was searching online and came across a thread where the poster said that the EVAP Purge Solenoid was on the same circuit a the interior overhead console. I checked the fuse block in the end of the dash and found the fuse for the overhead console missing. I had pulled that fuse, since I don't have a console, and used it for my cigarette lighter. I put a new fuse in the console slot and after a couple of days and a few start cycles, the CEL is now GONE!!!!!!! I haven't been able to hook a scanner up to it yet but it's nice not having that light staring me in the face.

If you have a P0443 code, check this fuse. It's for the overhead console, the fuse on the right end of the fuse block. I hope this helps.